CCI’s litigation support services benefit from 30 years of code consultation and engineering design work on a wide variety of projects. CCI’s Principals and staff include Registered Fire Protection Engineers, Registered Electrical Engineers, Registered Architects, Certified Building Officials, and Certified Safety Professionals whose experience in developing building and fire codes and applying them to projects provides a significant advantage as expert witnesses.
CCI actively participates in the development of model codes and standards used throughout the country. CCI’s engineers are members of numerous National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Technical Committees.
CCI is also active in the International Code Council’s code development process through participation in developing code changes and membership on the ICC’s Fire Code Committee. CCI was equally active in code making organizations preceding the ICC that developed documents such as, the BOCA National Building Code, the ICBO Uniform Building Code, and the SBCCI Southern Standard Building Code.
CCI’s 30 years of experience in both developing and applying codes allows it to not only determine the literal meaning of a code provision, but to know the history and intent of the code. CCI maintains an extensive library of contemporary and historical construction codes, allowing CCI to research the exact requirements for a building at the time of construction, currently, and at any critical time in between.
CCI’s engineers and consultants are available to provide the following services to the legal community:
- analysis of building and fire code compliance
- interpretations of building and fire code provisions to determine the intent of a requirement
- fire alarm and automatic sprinkler system design evaluation to determine compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- value pricing analysis of fire protection system designs
- computer fire modeling and fire reconstruction to analyze the effects of a fire and the response of fire protection devices
- ADA review and analysis for deficiencies and Department of Justice complaints
From background research to expert testimony at trial, CCI’s experience and expertise provides an unmatched advantage to our clients.