Client Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.
Size 250,000 SF CCI developed an overall code approach to address the
Cost $380,000,000 project's fire protection and life safety challenges. Solutions
Completed March 2010 included:Services Building & Fire Code Consultation Accessibility Consultation
The project includes the following:
• Single-level, 90,000 square foot casino, featuring more than 2,100 slot machines and 55 table games.
• 135,000 SF of retail, restaurants and lounges including seven restaurants and one bar.
• Parking for more than 3,000 vehicles
CCI developed an overall code approach to address the project's fire protection and life safety challenges. Solutions included:
1. Elimination of the fire rating of the roof above the casino based on an alternate method supported by fire modeling and a timed egress analysis.
2. Approval of special locking arrangements throughout the facility to control access to secure areas while maintaining sufficient means of egress for the building occupants.
3. Elimination of the fire rated separation between the casino vessel and the land-based building component.
4. Elimination of automatic sprinkler protection beneath the Porte Cochere.